Archive for June 2009
- In: Uncategorized
- 1 Comment
30 KB swings @ 16 kg (Rx: 24kg)
15 pull-ups (Rx: 30)
x 3 rounds (Rx: 5)
We did this with Doug in the North Melbourne park, with Pete coaching abley. We scaled Doug back to a 400m run, 10 swings at 12kg and 10 jumping pullups to keep the intensity up and he did well, finishing in a hard 10:45.
- Oats w/apple, WPI, almonds [4/4/6]
- Chicken schnitzel and veggie wrap [4/4/4]
- Sardines, almonds, apple [2/2/4]
- Kangaroo, eggplant & zucchini, oilve oil [4/2/4]
- Tim Tam biscuit [0/2/0]
Squat: 97.5 kg
Press: 52.5 kg (=PR)
Deadlift: 120 kg
A relatively expediated search for current 1 rep maxes. The deadlift was conservative but it was a “smart” call to stop there. Press was really good all things considered – failed at 55 kg due to poor form more than anything else.
- Apple, mandarin, two carrots, WPI, almonds [4/4/6]
- Lamb shank w veggies + nuts [4/4/6]
- Peppermint tea
- Apple, kiwi fruit, almonds, sardines [2/3/4]
- 3 saussages, veggies w olive oil, mandarin [4/4/6]
I feel like I’ve been running at 85% for almost three weeks.
I’ll be in bed before 10 tonight, and gunning all the way through to whenever Claire wakes up.
Food has been good. A little stricter on the zone, and much better on the paleo. I just need to slay this cough and get back to the training. I have this morning four and a half months ago in mind as the place I want to return to.
VeloGOGO has been keeping the fire stoked.
- Oats w/WPI, apple, almonds [4/4/6]
- Peppermint tea
- Chicken and veggie salad w olive oil and avocado [4/4/4]
- Sardines, almonds [2/0/4]
- Lamb shanks w veggies ~[4/4/4]
- Cottage cheese, 1/2 apple, almonds [1/1/3]
P1 Holds two DBs at the rack position (Steve: 20kg, Doug: 15kg) while…
P2 Rows 250m
- Oats w/WPI, apple, macadamias [4/4/4]
- Chicken stir fry w veggies, beef burgundy pie w salad
- Two eggs, orange, macadamias [2/2/2]
- Pork chop, veggies, olive oil [4/4/4]
Still feeling well under 100%. Went to work but really felt like I should have stayed home later on in the day. This is really annoying.
- Oats w/WPI, macadamias, pear [4/4/4]
- Tuna w veggie salad + avocado [4/4/4]
- 2 slices of fruit toast w butter, Chai tea w honey [0/5/1]
- Zucchini ribbons w bolognaise sauce [4/4/2]
- Tea w fruit, nut and sesame seed slice [0/2/2?]
Fee was up all Saturday night, sick as a dog. I picked up the bug about 4-5pm Sunday, but with the other end of the stick. We managed to keep Claire from getting it but man, that was nasty. Gastro + small child demands != fun.
The day after for both of us was one of just total exhaustion and emptiness.
The sore throat from last week is back again today, but with good food and plenty of rest I can kill that pretty easily.
An extra to put me a day behind the mainsite.