Archive for October 2009
High bar back squat
1 @ 70 kg
2 @ 70 kg
3 x 3 @ 70 kg
1 @ 75 kg
1 @ 80 kg
1 @ 80 kg
KB Push-press (each side) @ 24 kg
80 kg felt heavy for singles. Not good. In fact it’s really, really weird given what my front squats are up. Big PRs with the bar in front, and a big drop in weight with the bar behind the neck. No clues as to why… Hmmm…
- 2.5 eggs, small white peach, 5 grapes, olive oil, macadamia nuts
- Kangaroo & veggie salad w avocado
- Coconut cream
- Sardines, apple, macadamia nuts
- Chicken schnitzel (1/2 breadcrumbs removed), veggies, olive oil
- 6 squares dark chocolate (50%)
Got to work all ready to rock and discovered that it’s rest day.
In the mean time, Neil’s been dropping mad ks.
- 2.5 eggs, apple, coconut milk, macadamia nuts
- Chicken w roast veggie salad + avocado
- Sardines, macadamia nuts
- Zucchini ribbon bolognaise, with lots of veal mince
- Small white peach, coconut cream
- 1/2 a mango, cottage cheese, macadamia nuts
- Hot cocoa
CFE Anaerobic Endurance WOD
5 x 3 Deadlift @ 85% 1RM (110 kg) : Rest 3 min between sets
- 3 @ 97.5 kg
- 3 @ 100 kg
- 3 @ 105 kg
- 3 @ 107.5 kg
- 3 @ 107.5 kg
Rest 5 min
5 Power clean @ 75% BW (50 kg)
x5 rounds for time
Pretty sore in the hip flexors today. I guess that’s the pull for you, although it’s not where it hurt at the time.
The deadlifts were solid. Difficult with the work barbells, and 110 straight through might’ve been a possibility with an oly bar with some texture but it was still a legitimate strength workout.
The PC/PU WOD was really good. The weight felt good throughout the movement. Round one flew. Push-ups felt superhumanly fast and strong, slower in round two and degraged seriously in round three. Rounds 4 and five each included a missed rep caused by dropped knees when the elbows refused to lock out. I made sure I repeated them properly but push-up endurance is still the handbrake on any WOD that includes them in numbers. Always have been. At least they felt strong early on. I think last Cindy they weren’t flash from the outset.
- Sardines, coconut milk, almonds, apple
- Chicken veggie salad w avocado & pesto
- Indian take-away: rogan josh, butter chicken, tandoori chicken, some kind of onion cakes, a few spoonfuls of dahl, a bit of roti, and a little rice. Not paleo but damn good, and convenient in the timeframe we had to work with.
Sprint 10m on the minute.
Each minute, add 10m – up and back, suicide touches.
18 rounds (didn’t start the 19th)
Really easy at the start. Really hard at the end (hip flexors and lower back especially – oh, and lungs).
- 3 eggs, olive oil, almonds, 3 small white peaches, coconut milk
- Carrot, almonds, left over lasagna
- Long macchiato, 1/2 piece apricot & almond cake
- 2 tempura prawns
- 1/2 a Chinese duck pancake
- 300g wagu steak w steamed veggies and caramelized grapefruit
- Glass of red wine
- 3 cups of tea :)
It’s our 6 year anniversary today!