Archive for December 2009
Clean toilets, a gleaming floor, an organised package of things including a salad for an evening with friends tonight: signs of training not done in the only opportunity I’ll get today.
- 3 eggs w butter, olive oil, 1 carrot, 1 nectarine
- Coffee w one shortbread biscuit
- Roast pork, carrot, broccoli, lettuce, coconut milk
- Cheese, salami, olives, pesto
- Beef burger, pork sausage, lamb chop, lots of coleslaw
- 1 home brewed ginger beer (~3 drinks?)
- 3 pieces watermelon, some grapes
Neil and I hit the trails for an few hours this morning. Nothing special, and everything that is special about riding. Play time. Talking shit. Re-riding dabbed features. Racing around a tiny figure-8 pump track. Coffee. Here’re the numbers.
I was sick for a solid three days over Christmas (which was great, thanks to both families), and have the remnants in my legs and lungs still. I deliberately ignored all the warning signs before hand and paid the price so the return is going to be slower than I’d like.
This morning’s roll takes care of today’s prescription for some extended steady state. If I can sneak a trainer workout in while Claire’s asleep tomorrow I will, but I won’t push it.
Food has been pretty solid for the most-part, owing to copious amounts of fresh fruit and delicious Christmas meats. I’ll be looking to tighten up and get strict again over the next week or so.
- 3 eggs scrambled w butter, carrot, nectarine
- Small bag of blueberries
- Coffee, small quiche
- Handful of walnuts, apple
- Roast pork w dripping/gravy, carrot, coconut milk
- 1/2 dark chocolate bunny
- Ham and salad, w olive oil
- Handful of mixed nuts
- Iced cocoa
2 x 20 Deck squats
50 x ‘The Bastard’ complex @ 10 kg DBs
3 x 20 Jump squats @ 35 kg BB
The Bastard = 17:18
I felt tired walking into the gym but shrugged it off. The bells didn’t feel extra heavy though and I figured if I could make it through the set unbroken the 15:00 benchmark would fall. I almost second-guessed the whole workout because it’s been a tightrope between training, sleep and sickness, feeling vulnerable after the antibiotics course, but I shrugged it off.
I didn’t take my hands off the bells once, nor compromise the plank position, but I was slower through the movements on account of spending more time catching my breath in the squat.
The jump squat finishers felt ok in the legs, but left me wrecked with HR through the roof after each set. I should’ve known better than to do the last one, but it’s just one set, right?
- 3 eggs, nectarine, walnuts, coconut milk
- Christmas jelly
- Veggie salad w quiche and olive oil
- Hot chocolate
- Haloumi w/prosciutto and salad
- Dinner at Touks: Lamb pizza w glass of white wine
If you can call getting up with Claire, going to a 1st birthday at Werribee Zoo, then a family Christmas shindig in Camberwell, then dinner with friends in Blackburn ‘nothing’.
- 3 eggs, butter, coconut milk, salt and pepper
- Apricot, walnuts, coffee
- Maybe 1/4 chicken, some fruit, 1 profiterole, 1 slice birthday cake
- More walnuts, berries (blue, rasp, straw), 1/2 a Claire-discarded yo-yo biscuit
- Indian: butter chicken, lamb korma, vegetable samosa, beef something, no rice, no roti
- 2.5 glasses of sangria with Mick