Archive for the ‘Crossfit Endurance’ Category
16.7 km (10 mile) Time Trial
31:12, two seconds slower than my my last 16 km tempo at 90% … interesting!
GPS data (check HR v Speed ;)
Go check out Moody’s blog, it’ll remind you that training isn’t a painful slog. It’s what makes you feel alive.
- Large tin of tuna, nectarine, coconut milk
- Veggie salad w tinned salmon + honey mustard sauce (can)
- Sardines, coconut milk
- Spaghetti bolognaise (yep, the pasta kind)
- Coconut milk, nectarine (PWO)
- Lemon water
Tempo: 30 min at 85-90% (RPE 16: “Hard – Very hard)
28.5 km/h @ 89 rpm (averages)
I just didn’t seem to have enough go in the legs to keep the heart and lungs working at a rate I could call “very hard”, but it did feel like a constant 90%. Interesting how perception is relevant to the term. Given yesterday’s work it’s sort-of expected.
- 4 eggs, small white peach, a few grapes, 1/2 an avocado
- Almonds, tea
- 4 fruit kababs, 3 rissoles, 2 saussages and a few sticks of cellary w pesto
- 1 pack of dark chocolate covered coffee beans
- Vegetable fritata, chicken, lamb and a little fruit
- 2 pieces of sessame/honey/nut slice
Avoided a mountain of sugar at the first birthday party of Em and Ralph’s Hamish. Good day.